Buffalo cauliflower is a tasty appetizer of cauliflower coated Buffalo Sauce and dipped in a homemade yogurt sauce.
I’m here to introduce you to a recipe that can replace your buffalo chicken wings. Yup, this cauliflower recipe is worthy of being the new buffalo recipe. In addition to that, it also comes with a finger-licking dipping sauce! If you don’t know already, easy-to-put-together recipes are my favorite and this one only includes the simple steps of cutting, mixing and baking. Bonus points and benefits come with this appetizer because of its guilt free. If I haven’t sold you on it yet, a list of health benefits follow…
- Cauliflower focuses on maintaining a healthy digestive system. The fiber and other compounds help regulate the gut’s bacterial growth and benefit the digestive system.
- Eating spicy foods lowers the risk of a heart attack and stroke. To gain this benefit, choose hot buffalo sauce over mild.
- Because of the low amount of calories and high fiber and volume, cauliflower promotes weight loss!
- Studies prove that cauliflower contains sulforaphane which plays a role in protecting the venerable tissues of the retinal area from stress. By preserving your eye health, cauliflower can prevent blindness, cataracts and muscular degeneration.
Buffalo Cauliflower with Dipping Sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce regular, mild, hot your choice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut off all the florets of the cauliflower into a bowl.
- Mix florets with 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Place mixed ingredients on to an oven sheet and into the oven for 25 minutes.
- While cauliflower is in the oven, make the no guilt dipping sauce by mixing together 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 Tablespoon of chopped fresh dill.
- After you take cauliflower out of the oven, mix right away with 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce.
- Enjoy a guilt free, spicy appetizer.