All in one pot Stove Top Chicken Soup with Vegetables simmers away while you get some work done around the house. The longer you simmer the more flavorful and soft it will be so an hour is suggested, even if potatoes are already soft.
I just love soups that are filling, low calorie, and full of nutrients! All in one Chicken soup with vegetables is all that! It’s been a family favorite recipe and I make it all the time. My husband used to request me to make it frequently when we first got married.
Benefits of Chicken Soup with Vegetables
Just one serving of this soup will provide you with a good source of vitamin C and will naturally boost energy levels due to the carbohydrates and potassium in potatoes. Soup boosts your immunity as a result of the chicken which prevents inflammation during common infections. Overall, soup packs in great nutrients in the fresh vegetables and can be slimming. So adding more soup into a diet will only benefit!
All in One Pot Chicken Soup with Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 lb chicken thighs could mix breasts and thighs with bones or boneless
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 Yukon potatoes peeled and cut
- 1 carrot grated
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 qt water depending on your pot, you need just enough to cover the ingredients.
- In an iron-cast pot melt 1 Tablespoon of butter. (if you don’t have an iron-cast pot, just a regular one will work too)
- Add chicken pieces to the butter with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. On medium-high heat sear chicken pieces, just until the outside of the chicken is browned up.
- Take out the chicken and add in along with the potato to the pot and sear just until it starts beginning to golden.
- Transfer chicken back to the pot with potatoes.
- Add in chopped onion and sear for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in grated carrot, and stir in a tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Fill pot with water, just enough to cover the potato and chicken
- Put on lowest heat, salt, and pepper to taste the water and close with a tight lid.
- Slow cook for an hour.
- Better to serve right away, enjoy!