It’s the perfect time for some zucchini. I love this zucchini spread; it’s also a kid favorite in our house.
I love that it’s all in one pan, and I could blend it in my magic bullet to make it more like a spread or leave it chunky. My kids spread it on bread, but I got these gluten-free crackers that are working pretty well with this zucchini spread. You can also make it ahead of time for camping, parties or just when you are hungry. Don’t pass by zucchini when grocery shopping, because zucchini is an excellent source of potassium, manganese, and vitamin A. The onion benefits the digestive system as well as avoids infections. And don’t forget the carrots. Carrots boost eye health as well as promote healthy skin. Happy salad making!
What can you serve with this Zucchini Spread
It’s like a spread, so spread it on bread, crackers or don’t spread it anywhere and use it as a side salad. For my kids, I blend it so it’s not chunky, and they love it on a slice of fresh bread as an after-school snack.
Best Zucchini Spread
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large zucchini or two small
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- ground black pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm up 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop 1 large zucchini and add to the skillet. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and give it a good stir. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Chop 1 yellow onion then add to zucchini. Sauté for another 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Grate 2 medium carrots and add to the skillet.
- Chop 1 red bell pepper; add to the skillet. Give it a good stir and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to the lowest setting. Add 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste with 1/2 cup of water. Let it all come together for 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!