With the perfect balance of sweet and tangy, balsamic glaze adds a delicious, deep rich color and intense flavor to this Mozzarella Balsamic Chicken Salad.
When I was at the age of seven or so, I remember my mom had me go pick blackberries. Unlike strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries, blackberries are free to pick. If you’ve ever picked blackberries, you’d know that they are hard to pick. The branches and leaves of these sweet berries have thorns that hurt and scratch you. The bad news about blackberries is that they are a natural source of sugar so you can’t have so much. However, the best part is that blackberries have a great amount of vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, and iron. The chicken in this salad will provide you with a great source of protein and the greens are very low in calories and are ideal for weight management.
Enjoy this simple, yet satisfying balsamic chicken salad with blackberries, greens, and fresh cheese.
Best Balsamic Chicken Salad
- 1 chicken breast boneless & skinless
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cheese cut any way you like
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper both sides of one boneless & skinless chicken breast. Combine 1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove. Add chicken to the mix and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Sauté chicken until cooked.
- Arrange 1/2 cup mixed greens, 1/2 cup blackberries and cut fresh mozzarella cheese into a serving bowl. Add the cooked chicken on top and enjoy!