There are too many health benefits to name that are in this beet Vinegret salad.
What makes the colors of this delicious salad is the powerful burgundy beetroot. Beets are high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C and magnesium, all which are a big benefit to your bones, liver, and kidney. Another ingredient in this version of vinegret is the sauerkraut. Sauerkraut gives a tangy taste to the salad and a huge benefit to your body. It is great for your digestive health, strength to your bones reduces cholesterol levels, eliminates inflammation and can even protect against certain cancer. Beet Vinegret will make a great addition to your upcoming holiday parties.
Beet Vinegret Salad
- 1 medium red beet
- 1 medium yellow potato (or 3 small)
- 1 carrot
- 4 cups of water
- 1 15 oz organic red kidney beans
- 2 kosher dill pickles
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup of sauerkraut
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh dill for garnish
- Place beet, potato, and carrot into a medium size pot and fill it up with 4 cups of water. On medium heat boil for 60 minutes, or until fork tender. Take out vegetables on a plate and let cool completely.
- Drain and rinse red kidney beans. Add to a big bowl.
- Cut, peel and cut cubed beets, potato, carrots, 2 pickles, and 1/2 red onion. Add to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of sauerkraut.
- When ready to serve, mix with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- Garnish with fresh dill (optional).