The best skillet Filet Mignon Beef marinated in ginger sauce combined with greens.
It’s so easy to sear a juicy beef tenderloin that melts in your mouth with every bite. Even better when served with some greens.
Nutritional benefits of this Filet Mignon Beef Salad
I usually don’t eat beef. I find it too chewy and hard. When my husband grilled a filet mignon for dinner, it was when I met the real deal of beef. So why not make it a lunch dish? This beef salad is very satisfying, I have made it a few times and still loving it. A beef salad is a very good source of protein! Asparagus will provide you with a great source of vitamin K. This vitamin benefits your bones by making them stronger. It prevents Alzheimer’s disease by limiting neuronal damage in the brain. Romaine lettuce, another main ingredient in this salad, boosts healthy eyesight. It also helps maintain a healthy weight and help fight cancer.
Beef Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef filet mignon
- 1 small piece of ginger size of your fingernail
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 25 ml rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 1 stem fresh parsley may substitute for cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 5 stems of asparagus
- 1/4 of English cucumber
- In a blender, beat together 1 small pieces of ginger (peeled), 1 garlic clove, 50 ml soy sauce, 25 ml rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 stem fresh parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon of hot sauce (optional). Beat until smooth.
- Put the sauce into a large mug and place 1/2 pound of beef filet mignon into the mug. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop romaine lettuce, 5 asparagus stems, and slice 1/4 of English cucumber. Arrange in a plate.
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Take the beef and fry it, 4 minutes each side, this will be rare inside so If you like the beef more well-done, let it cook through longer. (you can also place a lid on it to cook well on the inside.)
- Take the filet out and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice it and place on top of the green vegetables. Drizzle the remaining marinade sauce on top of the salad.