Natures fruits can be enjoyed as is, but also baked is a great option for a dessert. This Baked Nectarine Dessert is crunchy and sweet and will refresh your mouth with mint.
This baked nectarine salad was shared by Carly. (Carly, I loved it!)What a great low-calorie appetizer or maybe a healthy dessert. It’s so easy to prepare and such a great presentation. Nectarines are now in season, enjoy them while they last!
Why are nectarines healthy?
I researched a lot of health benefits of nectarines and here are my top favorite reasons nectarines are good for us: 1) nectarines are very wealthy in nutrients such as vitamin-A, vitamin-B1, vitamin-B2, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K.That is definitely a wealthy nectarine! 2) nectarines fight obesity. Research notes that stone fruits like nectarines have bioactive compounds that treat obesity. 3) nectarines are beneficial to improve vision. This fruit contains lots of vitamin A, which is crucial for eye-healthy as well as skin and teeth.
- 2 nectarines
- 2 Tablespoons goat cheese + 1 Tablespoon for top
- 2 Tablespoons pecans
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice 2 nectarines into halves. Place on a baking sheet.
- Stuff the pit of each nectarine with goat cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Once browned lay over a bed fresh chopped spinach, sprinkle with chopped pecans and goat cheese.
- Whisk 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar together. Drizzle over each nectarine.