Avocado Snack you need to add to your mornings.
A serving of avocado only has 50 calories—much less than probably many of us expect given the former view of the avocado as being a high-calorie food. If you are eating the whole avocado, like in this recipe, 70 percent of those calories come from monounsaturated fats, the good kind of fat associated with lowering cholesterol. You can read much more on avocados in a blog post I wrote a while back most popular fruit of the year and why you need to eat it.
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 stem parsley chopped
- Slice avocado.
- Arrange on a plate.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and parsley.