Cozy up with a big warm bowl of Avocado Chicken Soup. Made with vegetables, herbs, and protein.
With this delicious avocado chicken soup, you can lower the calorie intake from a traditional chicken noodle soup by substituting the noodles with avocado. You will still have a great chicken soup flavor, but with a gluten-free and low-calorie soup. Plus, avocados are good for you by providing healthy fats and the chicken provides lean protein!
Avocado Chicken Soup
- 1 pound boneless-skinless chicken thighs with fat cut off
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 a yellow onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 large yukon potatoes chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado chopped
- Fresh dill chopped (optional)
- Boil 1 pound of chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon of salt in 6 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Drain water from the chicken into a bowl, then set aside.
- In the same pot, heat up 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, and celery.Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic, chopped tomato, and chopped potato. Add the water from the chicken back to the pot.
- On medium heat, boil the vegetables until the potato is soft.
- Shred chicken thighs and add them to the pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped avocado to each bowl and garnish with dill before serving.