Fresh, juicy and bright: this Tomato and Avocado Salad makes the perfect side dish for lunch, dinner, and summer potlucks!
3 Ingredients to make this Avocado and Tomato salad
1. Avocado – 🥑 You either love avocado or you hate it, but take it to heart because avocados have a heart-healthy benefit. This creamy fruit can reduce the risk of heart diseases and lower cholesterol level.
2. Tomato – 🍅They come in a variety of colors, but are best when eaten fresh at the end of July through August. They are also low in carbs when freshest. Despite botanically being a fruit, tomatoes are generally eaten and prepared like a vegetable. They are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
3. Microgreens – 🌱 This salad confetti tends to be rich in potassium, iron, zinc, magnesium, and copper.
It’s that simple!
How to make a simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
The vinaigrette used in this avocado and tomato salad only has two main ingredients, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Whisk them together and flavor them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add more spices if your taste buds desire. You could also add a squeeze of lemon juice to give it a nice zest.
Can I make the Avocado and Tomato Salad ahead of time?
I don’t recommend making this salad hours before serving. You will enjoy it much more if freshly made. Reasons for that is, avocados go brown when they are in contact with air. This is why an airtight container is recommended when storing avocados or avocado dishes such as guacamole or avocado spread. Squeezing a little bit of lemon juice could help avocados keep their freshness longer.
Avocado and Tomato Salad with Micro-Greens
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/4 cup Micro-greens
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt to taste
- pinch black pepper to taste
- Combine salad ingredients together.
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients and toss gently with