High in fiber and protein salad combines sweet and savory. Apricot Chicken Salad with a drizzle of Honey Mustard Dressing.
Healthy Benefits of Apricots
Apricots are one of the first fruit of summer. They are an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C. This orange colored fruit pairs well with greens and chicken. You will also find a quick recipe for honey mustard dressing, made from only three ingredients. You won’t regret making this delicious apricot salad.
If you don’t eat too many apricots, you don’t know what kind of goodness you’re missing out on! Apricots are a natural sweetener, just like in this salad. They are beneficial in protecting you from skin cancer and if you’re looking to eat more vitamin A, (which is good for the eyes, teeth and skin), then apricots are the fruit for you.
Apricot Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 boneless-skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 apricot pitted, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped raw almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed greens chopped (optional)
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- To a heated skillet, add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper both sides of 1 chicken breast, sauté until cooked. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken with apricot, almonds, mixed greens, and celery.
- Make the honey mustard dressing: Whisk together 1 Tablespoon honey, 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard, and 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise. Drizzle on top of the salad.